We collect, use, store and transfer (“process”) your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including but not limited to the (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (“GDPR”) and any applicable national data protection legislation (“applicable law”).
Depending on whether you are a website visitor, customer and/or a user of our Services, we process personal information such as your contact details (email address, telephone number and postal address), your username, password(s) and payment details. We also collect and use information about your technical equipment, such as your hardware and software type and location data (to determine which age rating to display as well as which customer rights apply). We also collect other information you provide us with, for example, when you sign up for our surveys and competitions. For more information about the personal information we collect, use and otherwise process, please see section 6 below.
We use your personal information for different purposes. For example, we use the data to provide you with the Service you have requested, improve our games and other Services, predict user trends, make recommendations based on your usage, process payments and customize our Services for you. For more information about how we use your data, please see section 7 below.
We engage other companies to fulfil our purposes and obligations as set out in this Policy, and we transfer your personal information to countries outside the EU and EEA that may not have as strict privacy legislation as where you live. We only transfer your personal information to such countries if we are allowed to do so; please see section 8 for more information.
When we collect personal information about you, you are entitled to the following rights under applicable law:
- The right to access and rectify your personal information;
- The right to object to our processing of personal information;
- The right to restrict us from processing your personal information;
- The right to demand us to delete your personal information; and
- The right to data portability.
For more information about your rights in relation to your personal information, please see sections 14-20 below. If you have any concerns about how we use your personal information, please contact us first so we may attempt to resolve it between us. However, you can always lodge a complaint with the relevant authorities, specifically where you live, work or where you believe an infringement of your rights has occurred. The UAE Data Office is the relevant data protection authority in the United Arab Emirates. Please see section 22 for further information.
If you have any questions about the personal information we collect, how we use your data and how we transfer your data to fulfil our purposes as stated herein, please contact us at: https://visionaries.me/contact-us-landing/ or by email at [email protected]. Below is a more detailed description of how we use personal information.
We are Visionaries. This Policy applies to websites operated by us, our partners such as Steam, and any other of our affiliates, including https://businessheroes.cool. This Policy also applies to your use of our services such as the Visionaries Store, Websites, Forums, Visionaries Account and also when you use and play our games or other products (we call all of these “Services”). We are the controller of the personal information collected. If you have any questions or want to know more about how we use your personal information, please get in touch with us by logging in to your Visionaries Account or by directly contacting our Support Department at https://visionaries.me/contact-us-landing/ or by email at [email protected], or contact us at the physical address stated at the beginning of this Policy.
We promise to keep your data safe and not to sell your data to third parties. We promise to give you the right to access and delete your data and provide you with ways to manage and review your marketing choices and any other information (such as newsletters) we send you. Please see sections 14 – 22 for more information.
Personal information can be any information relating to an identified or identifiable real person. In other words, it can be any information that could allow us to identify you both directly and indirectly (for example your name, email address, IP address, or billing address). In this Policy, we use the word “data” to refer to personal information.
We only use and process data about you if we have one of the following reasons to do so:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you (for example, when you have purchased a game on our website);
- When it is our legal duty (for example, to identify your age and make sure we are not collecting data from young children, for bookkeeping purposes and to fulfil our obligations in relation to authorities);
- When you consent to it (for example, when subscribing to our newsletter or opening a Visionaries Account); or
- When it is in our legitimate interest (for example, to enforce our policies, manage our everyday business, perform statistical analysis on anonymized and/or aggregated data, for direct marketing purposes, to ensure information security, prevent fraud or transfer the data to a different part of the organisation when necessary).
- When we rely on a legitimate interest, we have concluded that our interest is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
You are welcome to contact us to learn more about how we have reached this conclusion.
We collect data about you when you use our Services, including when you:
- Register a Visionaries Account
- Subscribe to our newsletters
- Purchase one of our games or any other products
- Play our games
- Register on and use our forums
- Contact us or our support services via emails or letters
- Use our websites, in-game browsers or other apps
- Participate in customer surveys
- Participate in user research initiatives
- Participate in a playtest or prelease test such as alpha/beta/etc. test releases
- Take part in our competitions or promotions
- Enrol in, or participate in, one of our events
- Send us a game pitch
- Click on one of our ads or in our newsletters
- Subscribe to receive our press releases
- Log into our Services using a third-party account
- Work for Visionaries. In such a case, please contact us separately for more information.
We use data that you have explicitly provided to us in different situations. We also use personal information that is generated by your device or when you use our Services. These categories are further explained below. Data that you explicitly provide us with:
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- Age or date of birth
- Country of residence
- Password(s) created to access parts of the Services
- Nicknames on forums and in games
- Third-party account details(for example your Steam ID)
The above information may be provided to us when you open a Visionaries Account or subscribe to our press releases or newsletters. In addition, when purchasing a game or enrolling in an event, you may have to provide us with the following data:
- Physical address
- Telephone number
- Card information payment account details
- PayPal account information
- Name and contact information for a business or organization
Finally, any other data you actively provide us with when you:
- Contact support or seek help from Visionaries
- Fill in our surveys or join our playtests
- Enter a competition. Depending on the contest, we might request additional information about you if you win. We, however, only collect such information with your consent
- Apply for a job at Visionaries and provide information relevant to the application.
Data we collect when you use our Services or games:
- Profile and usage data. This includes the profile you create to identify yourself when you connect to our Services and internet protocol (IP) address and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. It also includes other data about how you use our Services and games. We gather this data from devices you use to connect to those Services, such as computers and mobile phones, using cookies and other internet tracking software.
- Payment and transaction data
- Location data
- Platform types, such as distribution platform (for example, Steam, GOG, Visionaries launcher) or hardware platform (PC)
- Preferred language
- Information about your device, hardware and software
- Referral pages and page exit time
- Steam ID, or other game platform IDs like IP address, Twitch user ID, GOG ID or MAC address
- In-game activities, including but not limited to, what games you play, own, how you play, how often and for how long
- Game crash report(s) and error dump information from your device
- Activities carried out within our Visionaries Launcher application, including installing, uninstalling, and updating event information
- Multiplayer sessions, when these sessions were played and which players were in them
- Friend relations are added to the Friends List in chat systems in games or other Visionaries application
We always ask for your consent to give us details on your location data. You have a right to withdraw your consent at any time as described under section 20 below.
Data from third parties we work with: We may receive data about you from third parties or partners, like for example Facebook. When you link your Visionaries Account with a Steam Account or other account, we may collect Personal Information about you from such account, including your game library.
We may also receive information from third parties (such as game distributors) to add to the information we receive from you. This is used to help us deliver relevant advertising to you, prevent fraud and/or abuse, and collect your geolocation for taxation purposes.
If you own any of our games on Steam and have posted reviews about the game on Steam, we may also collect such reviews, including your Steam ID, and add them to the information we receive from you or already have. This is done to better analyze who our customers are and what you as a customer want from our games.
We process your data for the following purposes:
- To operate, improve, develop and provide you with our games, apps and Services
- To provide you with recommendations and game offers that you may like
- To respond to inquiries or comments from you
- To verify your identity to prevent unauthorized access
- To provide you with software updates
- To understand trends in the usage of our Services
- To calculate marketing conversion rates and other elements of advertising performance
- To help track and correct errors and bugs in games and services
- To customize your user experience (for example, by giving you more relevant ads and informing you about game releases that you might be interested in unless you have told us not to (opt-out))
- To maintain the integrity and security of the Services
- To process transactions and communicate with you regarding these transactions
- To maintain or administer your Visionaries Account, including contacting you to update your Visionaries Account details if necessary
- To administer and perform a play- and beta tests which you have signed up for
- To create reports, analyses or similar for the purpose of research and business intelligence and be able to track potential problems, behaviour and trends
- To send you newsletters and promotional notices and offers (jointly “Newsletters”) you have previously agreed to when either creating a Visionaries account or buying any of our Games (please note that if you create an account within our Game or purchase any of our Games, you automatically receive Newsletters unless you click to unsubscribe when creating the account or in any subsequent Newsletter)
- To communicate with you who is our partner’s contact person (i.e. an employee at our partner) regarding business matters
- To keep our Services fair, investigate and prevent fraud and illegal behaviour
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We do not use your data for any other purpose than the purpose for which the data is originally collected.
Specific marketing information: We use your data to inform you about relevant products and offers, e.g. provide you with targeted marketing. The data we collect in such cases contain information that you wilfully provide us with, the data we collect when you use our Services or from third parties we work with. We analyse this data to form a view on what we think you might want or need or what may be of interest to you. You can at any time object to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, including any profiling for such purposes, and we then stop using your personal information for such purposes. Please see section 22 for our contact details.
To be able to provide you with the Services and the best possible experience, we share your data with other companies and organisations. We only do so if our partners can provide the same level of security to keep your data safe as implemented by us and if our partners can ensure that they comply with applicable laws and privacy regulations. We may share your information with the following partners:
- Game distribution platforms (for example Steam)
- Payment providers (for example, PayPal)
- Companies and external consultants that help support our platform and services
- Advertising partners and attribution platforms to help us understand the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns (for example, Google and Facebook)
- Marketing services (for example Survey Monkey and Mailchimp)
If you are a child user, you are entitled to additional protections for your information and privacy online. When registering an account with Visionaries, we make sure your account is set to a restrictive mode, which means that you won’t have access to certain features, such as social media links, if you are not 13 or over and your text filtering will be restricted. These additional measures are in place to keep you as safe as possible online.
If your parent or guardian’s email address is provided to us when you create an account on Visionaries, we may share information about your account with them by email. We can also invite your parent or guardian to review or update settings and approve your account.
If you are a parent and need to make changes to your child’s account, you can contact us at [email protected]
Visionaries use the following cookies on our websites for the following purposes:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function. They are usually set in response to actions you make that amount to a request for services, such as logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the website might then not work. These cookies do not store any Personal Information;
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources to measure and improve the website’s performance. These cookies help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and how visitors move around the website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. As explained hereunder, you can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies. If you do so, we will not know when you have visited our website and not be able to monitor its performance;
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services have been added to the website. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly;
Please note that most web browser applications (such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome) have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. In Microsoft Edge, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”. In Google Chrome, you can also adjust your cookies by clicking on “Settings”, “Show advanced settings”, “Content settings” and on the “Privacy” paragraph. If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to use certain personalized functions of the website.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help guard your data in compliance with applicable privacy regulations. If transactions are offered on the Services, transaction information is transmitted to and from the Service in encrypted form using industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS used to be known as SSL) connections to help protect such information from interception. We strictly restrict authorized access to your data only to those persons who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We also have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the data we process. We encourage you to be careful when sharing your data with other users when you use our Services like forums or chats. Visionaries NEVER ask for your password to be sent separately or in clear text. Anyone doing so is probably trying to steal your stuff.
We may need to collect data to be able to fulfil our legal obligations or fulfil the terms of a contract we have with you or to be able to even present you with the Services. If you choose not to give us this data, it may prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot perform the Services needed to run your Visionaries Accounts or policies. It may also mean that we have to cancel a product or service you have with us or that you even be unable to play certain parts of our game such as multiplayer. Any optional data collection should be clearly indicated as such at the point of collection.
When you use our Services, we strive to provide you with ways to quickly update or delete data that you have actively provided. You have the right to access the data relating to you. This includes the right to be informed whether or not data about you is being processed, what data about you is being processed, and the purpose of the processing. Upon your request, you also have a right to access information about any evaluation or assessment of the balancing test we are required to conduct when we process your data based on our legitimate interest. Furthermore, you have the right to rectify or add data if the personal information is inaccurate or incomplete. As soon as we become aware of any inaccurate personal information being processed, we always rectify your data without undue delay and notify you accordingly. If you have created a Visionaries Account, you can access, change and delete some of the data provided on your profile by logging in to your Visionaries Account at https://visionaries.me.
You are entitled to request that we erase data related to you. We erase your data upon request provided that it is no longer necessary for the purpose we collected it for (for example you cannot require all personal information about you to be erased and still receive Services from us) and that we have no legal obligation to store personal information.
You are entitled to require us to restrict our processing of your personal information if you contest the accuracy of the data if the processing is unlawful, but you do still not want us to erase the data, if the data is no longer needed to fulfil the purpose it was collected for or if you have informed us that you do not consider us to have a legitimate interest for certain processing.
You can access a copy of your data by logging into your Visionaries Account https://visionaries.me or by contacting our Support department at any time at [email protected]. If you request access to personal information about you that you yourself have provided and (i) if the personal information is being processed automatically and (ii) in accordance with a contract between you and Visionaries or based on your consent, you may request that the data is provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may also request that the personal information is transmitted to another controller if this is technically feasible.
You can contact our Support team at [email protected] any time to get a list of all the data we have collected from you or to get such data deleted or invoke your other rights as explained above. We do our best to answer your request promptly but please note that it may take a couple of days. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please note that if we cannot identify and guarantee who you are, we might ask you to provide us with additional information or log into your Visionaries Account if possible. Please note that we cannot delete any data if we are unable to verify that you are their rightful owner. We however always use our best effort to help you out.
This Policy may change from time to time. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on this page and on our website https://visionaries.me/privacy-policy/, and if the changes are significant, we will provide you with a more noticeable alert, like for example by email or with a pop-up in our games or on your Visionaries Account page. If you are asked to accept material changes to this Policy and decline to do so, you might not be able to continue using the Services with all functionality preserved.
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we use and process your data by contacting our Support team at [email protected]. We also appreciate getting feedback if you think this Policy or any part of it is unclear. Our email address is [email protected].
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority in particular where you live or work or where an alleged infringement of the GDPR has occurred. For example, the relevant authority in UAE is the UAE Data Protection Office.